Connecting the patient’s story with the science
The Pre-Clinical Medicine Learning Modules use real patient cases to provide students with a medically relevant learning experience, both in and out of the laboratory. Students are engaged through active learning and self-evaluation as they progress through a structured series of tutorials, pre-lab quizzes, laboratories, case studies and evaluations.
Pre-Clinical Medicine Learning Modules
LabTutor Teaching Suite
LabTutor is a blended learning solution for teaching human physiology in medical and healthcare courses. It interweaves active learning exercises with related medical files to optimize learning outcomes.
LabTutor’s blended learning approach combines face-to-face teaching methods with online activities:
- In the classroom, LabTutor engages students with self-guiding data acquisition exercises and real patient files, including video consultations and clinical results.
- Outside the classroom, LabTutor Online gives students access to interactive pre-class and post-class activities such as quizzes and reports. There is also access to student and patient files for easy data review and an exclusive range of documentaries can be viewed on LabTutor TV.
The LabTutor Teaching Suite includes four components to provide an engaging and cost-effective teaching solution for a wide range of course content.
"Students can focus on conducting experiments in the lab and analyzing data outside the lab. Makes time for more inquiry-based labs." "The systems have reduced the set-up time for the classes and reduced the number of people required to help out during the classes."
Dr. Marvin O'Neal, Stony Brook University, USA
"We use LabTutor with over 1200 students across five different courses, including science, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and nursing. LabTutor has made it possible for more students to attend each lab session, we need fewer technicians and supervisors than previously, and the same equipment can be used for a range of different LabTutor experiments. Additionally, the totally professional ADInstruments staff provide excellent support service."
Stephen Dineen, University College Cork, IrelandRead More LabTutor Testimonials
LabTutor in Medical, Healthcare and Physiology Courses
- Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center El Paso
- Memorial University School of Medicine
- Medical College of Georgia
- Oregon Health and Science University
- Northeastern Ohio University College of Medicine
- West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine
- Albany Medical Center
- University of Rochester Medical School
- Creighton University
- Charles R Drew University
- Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences