LabTutor for Nursing is a blended learning solution for teaching physiology in nursing and healthcare courses. Exercises have been specifically developed to connect physiology theory with real clinical practice for nursing and healthcare students.
LabTutor’s blended learning approach combines face-to-face teaching methods with online activities:
- In the classroom, LabTutor engages students with self-guiding data acquisition exercises and real patient files, including video consultations and clinical results.
- Outside the classroom, LabTutor Online gives students access to interactive pre-class and post-class activities such as quizzes and reports. There is also access to student and patient files for easy data review and an exclusive range of documentaries can be viewed on LabTutor TV.
Typical LabTutor classroom activities could include:
- Hands-on practice measuring student vital signs including BP, ECG, EEG, respiratory rate and more.
- Comparison of patient data and student recordings.
- Evaluation of both data sets in relation to the relevant physiological and clinical theory.
The Applied Nursing collection helps students understand a broad range of physiological concepts and their clinical applications. It also presents students with additional patient case studies to develop sophisticated critical thinking and analytical skills.
LabTutor Teaching Suite Components
LabTutor (including all exercises) is supplied as part of LabTutor 4 Teaching Suite. All four suite components work together to deliver engaging, efficient and cost-effective physiology teaching to nursing students.
LabTutor in Nursing, Medical and Physiology Courses
- Good Samaritan College of Nursing
- Hillyard Technical Center
- City University of New York
- University of Miami
- Ohio Dominican University
- University of Dubuque
- University of Minnesota
- Salem College
- Southern Arkansas University
- Purdue University
- Universidad Mariano Galvez
- Universidad Autonoma de Baja California
"PowerLab LabTutor systems enable my Anatomy and Physiology students to complete their physiology exercises virtually independently. The step-by-step instructions and detailed explanations make exercises easy to perform. Student understanding is improved because physiological concepts are demonstrated effectively. I recommend the system because it makes teaching easier."
Dr Amira Shaham-Albalancy, Professor of Biology, Collin County Community College, USA
"We use LabTutor with over 1200 students across five different courses, including science, medicine, pharmacy, dentistry and nursing. LabTutor has made it possible for more students to attend each lab session, we need fewer technicians and supervisors than previously, and the same equipment can be used for a range of different LabTutor exercises. Additionally, the totally professional ADInstruments staff provide excellent support service."
Stephen Dineen, University College Cork, IrelandRead More LabTutor Testimonials