The FE141 Spirometer is a precision differential pressure transducer for measurements of respiration flow rates. With a flow head of a suitable size, the Spirometer can be used with animals of all sizes, from mice and rats, to large animals and humans. The Spirometer and attached flowhead function together as a pneumotachometer, with an output signal proportional to airflow.
For use with:
MLT1L Respiratory Flow Head 1L (mice, rats guinea pig)
MLT10L Respiratory Flow Head 10L (rabbits, cats)
MLT300L Respiratory Flow Head 300L (humans at rest)
MLT1000L Respiratory Flow Head 1000L (humans during exercise)
MLT3813H-V Heated Pneumotach 800L and Heater Controller (humans during exercise)
ADInstruments signal conditioners only function with PowerLab data acquisition units and therefore are not suitable for use with other data acquisition systems.
- Connection type: Two pipes for airflow physically connected by plastic tubes to flow head
- Max Range: ±1 Inches H2O
- Amplification ranges: ±20 mV to ±500 mV full scale in 5 steps (combined PowerLab and Spirometer)
±500 mV ±1 15.6 μV
±200 mV ±0.4 6.25 μV
±100 mV ±0.2 3.125 μV
±50 mV ±0.1 1.56 μV
±20 mV ±0.04 0.625 μV
- Max Input Pressure: ±28.1 Inches H2O (7 kPa)
- Temperature Drift: 0.05 % of full scale per °C
- Max zero pressure offset: < 1 % full scale, software removable
- Response time: 1 ms (10-90 % full scale)
- Linearity: ±0.5 % full scale
- Repeatability: ±0.25 % full scale
- Long Term Stability: ±0.5 % full scale
- Warm Up Time: ~ 2 minutes
- Low-pass Filtering: 1, 10 and 100 Hz (software selectable) using fourth order Bessel filter.
- I2C port: Provides control and power.
- Interface communications rate of ~50 Kbits/s.
- Dimensions (h × w × d): 55 mm × 120 mm × 260 mm (2.2" × 4.7" × 10.2")
- Weight: 1.2 kg (2 lb 11 oz)
- Power requirements: 1.5 W
- Operating temperature range: 5 to 35 °C, 0 to 90% humidity (non-condensing)
ADInstruments reserves the right to alter these specifications at any time.
- Precision differential pressure input that can be used to determine flow rates by suitable flow head selection
- Provides additional amplification required to deal with a variety of flow rates,from fractions of a litre per minute (mice and rats) to a thousand litres per minute (adult humans during exercise)
- Additional programmable filtering to remove unwanted signal frequencies
- Software controlled zeroing for offset removal