We warmly invite you to our virtual pressure-volume training workshop, led by ADInstruments application scientists and Dr. Pedro Mendes-Ferreira, an expert in pressure-volume research with over 10 years of experience.
- Gain confidence using the preferred method for cardiac cycle assessment in intact hearts and speak to experts to address your pressure-volume challenges in an interactive extended Q&A session online.
- Learn how to use Millar MPVS Ultra Pressure-Volume units and catheters for small animals with PowerLab data acquisition systems.
- Get familiar with recording and plotting left and right ventricular pressure and volume signals against each other in real time, generating characteristic pressure-volume (PV) loops.
- Learn more about advanced haemodynamic parameters, develop your data analysis skills and practice extracting measurements to evaluate the mechanical properties of the heart.
- The workshop will be focusing on small animal pressure-volume procedures.
The course will be delivered by a series of zoom webinars over two mornings. We will be issuing attendance certificates at the end of the workshop.
About Dr Pedro Mendes-Ferreira...
Dr Pedro Mendes-Ferreira
University of Porto
Pedro Ferreira is a Biologist from Portugal, who obtained his PhD in Cardiovascular Sciences in 2017 at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto.
Most of his research work has been focused on the evaluation of cardiovascular function in animal models of cardiovascular disease, using both in vivo and in vitro methodologies. Pedro has more than 10 years of experience in performing bi-ventricular pressure-volume analysis in rodent models of pulmonary hypertension, and has recently (mid 2019) started a new role as the manager of the large animal facility at UnIC.
Who Should Attend?
- New members of pressure-volume research groups who need to better understand the underlying theory, experiment protocols and techniques.
- Researchers who are considering or have recently purchased a pressure-volume system who need to start producing valid results quickly.
- Existing users of pressure-volume systems looking for advice and guidance in the techniques and analysis.
- Successfully install and maintain a pressure-volume system.
- Decide on the best calibration procedure for your experiment.
- Understand surgical approaches and catheter position within the heart for optimal data recording.
- Configure LabChart software settings for accurate pressure and volume recording.
- Extract relevant hemodynamic parameters from your recordings.
We don’t currently have any scheduled sessions that match your selection, but please give us your details below to register your interest and we’ll contact you if a session is scheduled in your region.