This workshop is based on the theme "Advancing the pharmacological approaches to cardiovascular studies in laboratory animals". This workshop will focus on the new approaches and procedures that are widely used in research into the ischemic heart so as to facilitate researchers and clinicians to understand and improve the quality of cardiovascular research.
The workshop is intended for Graduates and Postgraduates, Research Scholars, Faculty members, Clinicians (MD, PhD) and industry personnel who are interested in cardiovascular physiology and pharmacology.
The workshop will cover:
- Demonstration of the isolated perfused rat heart model using ML176 Langendorff apparatus, PL3508 PowerLab 8/35 data acquisition unit and LabChart Pro software.
- ECG recording in rat using 2-lead MLA1214 Spring clip electrodes and FE136 Animal Bio Amp.
- Measuring Blood Pressure using the FE221 Bridge Amp Interfaces with the PL3508 PowerLab and MLT844 physiological pressure transducer.
- Measurement of respiration flow rate in a rat using FE141 spirometer.
- Recording and analysis of PV Loop and other cardiovascular parameters from a rat using MPVS system, SPR838 PV catheter and PV Loop module in LabChart software.
- Demonstration of tissue/organ contraction with respect to drug/electrical stimulus using MLTF500/ST Force transducer.
- Recording non-invasive BP in a rat with the help of IN125/R NIBP system.
- Cardiac injury assessment.
- Biochemical evaluation of LDH activity using Synergy H1 Hybrid Multi-Mode Microplate reader.
- TTC staining and stereozoom microscope imaging for measuring infarct size.
- Isolation of mitochondria by differential centrifugation and assessment of electron transport chain activities.
We don’t currently have any scheduled sessions that match your selection, but please give us your details below to register your interest and we’ll contact you if a session is scheduled in your region.