We warmly invite you to our virtual pressure-volume training workshop, led by ADInstruments application scientists and Dr. Pedro Mendes-Ferreira, an expert in pressure-volume research with over 10 years of experience.
- Gain confidence using the preferred method for cardiac cycle assessment in intact hearts and speak to experts to address your pressure-volume challenges in an interactive extended Q&A session online.
- Learn how to use Millar MPVS Ultra Pressure-Volume units and catheters for small animals with PowerLab data acquisition systems.
- Get familiar with recording and plotting left and right ventricular pressure and volume signals against each other in real time, generating characteristic pressure-volume (PV) loops.
- Learn more about advanced haemodynamic parameters, develop your data analysis skills and practice extracting measurements to evaluate the mechanical properties of the heart.
- The workshop will be focusing on small animal pressure-volume procedures.
The course will be delivered by a series of zoom webinars over two mornings. We will be issuing attendance certificates at the end of the workshop.
About Dr Pedro Mendes-Ferreira...
Dr Pedro Mendes-Ferreira
University of Porto
Pedro Ferreira is a Biologist from Portugal, who obtained his PhD in Cardiovascular Sciences in 2017 at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Porto.
Most of his research work has been focused on the evaluation of cardiovascular function in animal models of cardiovascular disease, using both in vivo and in vitro methodologies. Pedro has more than 10 years of experience in performing bi-ventricular pressure-volume analysis in rodent models of pulmonary hypertension, and has recently (mid 2019) started a new role as the manager of the large animal facility at UnIC.
Who Should Attend?
- New members of pressure-volume research groups who need to better understand the underlying theory, experiment protocols and techniques.
- Researchers who are considering or have recently purchased a pressure-volume system who need to start producing valid results quickly.
- Existing users of pressure-volume systems looking for advice and guidance in the techniques and analysis.
- Successfully install and maintain a pressure-volume system.
- Decide on the best calibration procedure for your experiment.
- Understand surgical approaches and catheter position within the heart for optimal data recording.
- Configure LabChart software settings for accurate pressure and volume recording.
- Extract relevant hemodynamic parameters from your recordings.
Agenda and Prices
Tuesday 9th of February:
09:30 - 10:30 CET.............Introduction
10:45 - 11:45 CET.............Software Overview
12:00 - 13:00 CET.............Surgical Set-up: Closed Chest (Small Animal)
Wednesday 10th of February:
09:30 - 10:30 CET.............Pressure-Volume Analysis
10:45 - 11:45 CET.............Surgical Set-up: Open Chest (Small Animal)
12:00 - 13:00 CET.............Interactive Q&A: Ask the experts.
A more detailed agenda is available here.
Prices and Discounts:
Individual Ticket......................360 GBP/ 405 Euro (approximate conversion from GBP to EUR)
Group Ticket*..........................1020 GBP / 1144 Euro (approximate conversion from GBP to EUR)
*Please note, there is a maximum of five people that may go in each group. Group members must be colleagues or work within the same research department/group.
We are offering a 20% discount for early bird tickets to be purchased before the 25th of December 2020.
In addition to the above, upon booking you will receive a voucher worth 33% of the booking fee you pay at any time. For example, if you purchase an individual ticket worth 300 GBP (exc. VAT), you will receive an 100 GBP (33%) voucher.
You will be able to spend your voucher exclusively on catheters, with the voucher expiry date being 30/06/2021. You will be given a full refund if you cancel before the 29th of Janurary 2021.
If you have any questions or require any further help, please reach out to email@example.com