The maximum sampling rates for ADInstruments Powerlabs are as follows:
- 15T and 26 series PowerLabs: 100,000 samples per second per input
- /20 series PowerLabs: 100,000 samples per second
- /25 series PowerLabs: 200,000 samples per second
- /30 series PowerLabs: 200,000 samples per second on each of two channels
- /35 series PowerLabs: 200,000 samples per second on each of two channels
- SP and ST PowerLabs using USB: 100,000 samples per second.
Other than for the 15T and 26 series PowerLabs, these maximum rates are total data transfer rates, so that a maximum rate of 100,000 samples per second means that you can record at 100,000 on one channel, 40,000 on two, 20,000 on four, and so on (as determined by the sampling rates available inLabChart).
Maximum sampling rates may also be limited by the speed of the computer. When LabChart starts up, it gauges the performance of the computer system at a range of tasks, and works out its probable limits when sampling data. LabChart gives an alert if these limits are exceeded