The temperature difference between the water in Water
Bath and water in the Junction Block is typically between 2 °C to 3 °C at the
ambient room temperature of 22 °C.
Protocol to measure the water temperature difference
between water bath and junction block
- Connect the Heart Chamber, Junction Block and
Thermostat to the Langendorff Apparatus (refer to the Langendorff system owner’s guide if
- Fill the Water Bath with water and and then switch on
- Prime the Heart Chamber – Junction Block
circuit with water.
- Switch ON the Thermostat and set the temperature to
- Once the temperature of the water in the Water Bath
reaches 37°C, turn off the left middle Luer connector and remove the silicon
tube from left middle Luer connector (refer to the picture below).
- Using a thermocouple, measure the temperature of the water coming out of the silicon tube (outlet of junction block) directly before collecting in a beaker.