The flow rate of the water-circulating pump is constant and cannot be varied. The typical flow rate of warm water to the Heart Chamber and Junction Block is 107
Protocol to test pump flow rate/capacity
- Connect the Heart Chamber and the Junction Block
to the Langendorff Apparatus (refer to Langendorff System Owner’s Guide if required).
- Fill the water bath with water and switch-on
the water-circulating pump.
- Prime the Heart Chamber – Junction Block
- Turn off the left middle Luer connector and
remove the silicon tube from left middle Luer connector (refer to the picture
- Collect water from this silicon tube in a beaker
for one minute; then measure the quantity of water collected in the beaker.