- Open the System Preferences. This can be done by either clicking on the System Preferences icon in the Dock or by going to Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Open the Security & Privacy pane by clicking Security & Privacy.Make sure that the General tab is selected.
- Click the icon labeled Click the lock to make changes:
Enter your username and password into the prompt that appears and click Unlock:
Under the section labeled Allow applications downloaded from:, select Anywhere. On the prompt that appears, click Allow From Anywhere:
This Solution can also be used to resolve an issue with the installation, if you receive the message 'LabChart.pkg can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer'.
NOTE: If the user has installed High Sierra for Mac OS (OS X 10.13) the "anywhere" option may not be visible. In this case, please follow the steps included below using the computer's Administration account. This will change the default settings and will restore the "anywhere" option located under the General tab.
- Open up the terminal (launch pad > terminal) and type in the following command line: sudo spctl --master-disable
- Hit enter on the keyboard
- Type in administrator password
- Hit enter again and close out of the terminal
- Perform the steps listed prior to this note
If you require additional assistance with this issue, please contact one of your region's ADInstruments Technical Support representatives by filling out the web form located HERE.