The Wii Balance Board Device Enabler Add-On for LabChart facilitates communication between a Wii Balance Board and LabChart over a wireless Bluetooth connection. When installed, LabChart will automatically recognize the Wii Balance Board on startup.
The Wii extension is ideal for studies of static posturography. There are four load sensors in the Wii Balance Board and data from each sensor is acquired on a different channel. You can easily combine these four channels to calculate parameters such as weight and center of gravity.
- effects of alcohol on balance
- age and spontaneous sway
- balance rehabilitation following neck or brain injury
- quantifying the severity of balance disorders
- panic/anxiety disorders and balance
- postural stability in neurological disorders (e.g., Parkinson's disease).