LabChart is capable of recording from multiple devices into multiple files in the same instance of the software. To do this you will need to perform the following steps:
- With LabChart running and all of the required devices recognized by the software, open a new file either via the File menu or the New File Toolbar Icon.
- Go to the Setup menu and select the "Devices and Channels..." option.
- In the Devices and Channels pop-up window that appears, check the checkboxes for the devices that you want to record from in your first file, uncheck the checkboxes for the other devices, and make the appropriate channel assignments. Press the OK button when you are finished.
- With the previous file still open, go to the File menu and select the "New" option. LabChart will now prompt you about the settings of this new file, and ask if you would like to close the file that is currently open. Make the appropriate choice regarding the new file's settings, and be sure to uncheck the "Close <document name> after creating the new document" checkbox. Press the OK button.
- There will now be two files open in LabChart. With the second file's Chart view as the active window, go to the Setup menu and select the "Devices and Channels..." option. Once again, check the checkboxes for the devices that you want to be recorded in this file, uncheck the checkboxes for the other devices, and make the appropriate channel assignments.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed.
Each device and/or group of devices will now be configured in LabChart to record data into the appropriate file. To start and stop recording in these files, you will need to make each of them the active window and left mouse click the Start/Stop button.