Homeothermic Controller and Plate
Maintains normal body temperature. Useful for small animal studies, for example, for acute or chronic surgeries under anesthesia.
Maintains normal animal body temperature. Useful for small animal studies, for example, for acute or chronic surgeries under anesthesia. The controller utilizes dual set point circuit control to prevent the heating element from overshooting the control point due to thermal lag in the control system.
The system includes:
- Mouse Rectal Probe (connects directly to the Homeothermic Controller so you can read the temperature on the display)
- Heating plate
- Provides a low voltage DC output and therefore can be used in electrically sensitive applications where AC frequencies might interfere with other monitoring devices.
- Controls heating blankets, heat lamps or heat pads
- Can be used for both heating and cooling applications
- Control temperature range of -100 to +400 °C
- Easily cleaned with alcohol
- Resolution 0.1 °C
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
- Resolution: ± 0.1 °C
- Accuracy: ± 0.5 °C
- Range: Ambient +2 to 60 °C
- Readout: Dual display of Set (red) and Run (red) temperatures
- Max AC Power Output with resistive load: 700 watts
- DC Output Rating: 12 V DC, 2 Amps Max. Custom output voltages available upon request
- AC ground leakage current: less than 1 milliamp at 110 V AC
- Dual Set point Protection Feature: additional heating pad feedback sensor prevents temperature exceeding 45 °C.
- Dimensions: 7 1/4" W x 4 3/8" H x 10" D (184 x 111 x 254 mm)
- Weight: Less than 5 lbs (2268 g)
- Power Supply: 110 V or 220 V AC
- The heating plate is manufactured of black anodized aluminum and measures 216 mm x 111 mm with small feet, giving it an elevation of 6.4 mm above the surface.
Homeothermic Controller and Plate (for rats)
Homeothermic Controller and Plate (for mice)