How to Enliven Your Online Biology Teaching
- 11 Mar 21
In this webinar Director of Biology at Vernier, John Melville, gives a live demonstration of the Enzyme Action: Testing Catalase Activity lab, from our brand new Lt Biology Collection. This demonstration shows how the Lt Biology Collection (created in partnership with Vernier) can be used to teach key biological concepts, and keep your students inspired and engaged both in the lab and online.
Charlotte Steel, an instructional designer from our Lt Content team provides an overview of how the collection was created using pedagogical techniques relevant to undergraduate biology students.
Liam Farley, one of our global customer success managers, gives a basic introduction to Lt, and shows how you can easily customize and adapt content for your curriculum.
About our Lt Biology Collection:
- Consists of 19 ready-made labs fundamental to introductory biology
- Integrates with Vernier Go Direct® sensors for data collection when in the lab
- Compatible for remote learning environments with built-in example data
- Aligns with core competencies informed by Vision and Change
- Guided inquiry extensions promote learning and curiosity through student investigation
- Assessment built with Bloom’s taxonomy for development of diverse cognitive skills
- Students are exposed to real-world applications of biological concepts
About the speakers:
Director of Biology at Vernier has over a decade of experience teaching at the university level, and he designed inquiry-based laboratory exercises and integrated data-collection technology in his courses.
Instructional Designer from the Lt content team at ADInstruments.
Customer Success Manager at ADInstruments.