This comprehensive LabChart Software Training Course includes:
- Level I – The Basics of Data Acquisition
- Level II – Improving Signal Processing & Data Analysis
- Level III – Automation and Advanced Analysis
But that's not all! We understand that you and your team may have specific requirements and preferences for this training. That's why we offer the flexibility to customise the course content to suit your exact needs. When you register for the training, simply let us know what you would like to achieve and focus on during the sessions and we will take care of the rest.
Learn by doing with our experienced staff and master the PowerLab/LabChart system. This course will leave you confident and ready to apply your new skills and knowledge to existing and future experimental protocols.
Courses are 1-2 days of hands-on instruction, take-home materials, lunches, and snack breaks. Attendees will have access to an individual computer and hardware terminal to ensure a hands-on educational experience.
1 day course - $750 AUD/$750 NZD
2 day pricing available on request
The curriculum assumes no prior experience with PowerLab systems or LabChart software, and is suited for life scientists seeking a structured, intensive, hands-on training program to quickly master successful PowerLab integration in their research laboratory to include:
- Post-graduate students, researchers and laboratory technicians new to LabChart software and PowerLab systems
- Any life scientist seeking to understand the fundamental principles of computerized data acquisition or needing to revisit PowerLab and LabChart
- Educators new to PowerLab systems who wish to create customized teaching experiments in LabChart software
Level 1 – Data Acquisition Basics
This session will take you step-by-step through the initial stages of computerized data acquisition - from connecting your hardware to choosing appropriate settings for your signal. You will become familiar with data acquisition and LabChart terminology and understand the importance of accurate data collection.
- Manage Files - Store and easily access files
- Set Up LabChart - Set up channels for incoming data and choose settings for optimal signal display in both Chart and Scope Views
- Set Sampling Rates - Calculate the optimum rate at which to sample your data and understand the problems associated with under-sampling and aliasing
- Adjust Range - Choose the correct range to capture your data with the best resolution and signal-to-noise ratio
- Filter & Amplify - Decide if a signal needs amplification, and choose an appropriate hardware or software filter
- Save - Use the different options for saving LabChart data and settings files
Level 2 – Improving Signal Processing & Data Analysis
In this course, you will discover great ways to enhance your research and speed up reporting using LabChart’s data analysis tools and functions.
- Calibrate Data - Display the incoming voltage signal as a meaningful unit
- Process Signals - Obtain and display useful variables (eg. rate, maximum, integral and derivatives) from raw data, and apply smoothing and arithmetic calculations
- Use Oscilloscope Functions - Overlay and average waveforms in a single channel based on time or event
- Extract Numerical Data - Extract numerical values from your data into a spreadsheet either manually or automatically
- Export Data - Export data into other applications (ie. Microsoft Excel) for further analysis, and extract images to illustrate reports
- Improve LabChart Functionality - Quickly and easily find relevant LabChart features and software updates
Level 3 – Automation and Advanced Analysis
This session will guide you through a selection of LabChart’s advanced functions. As well as finding ways to automate your data collection and analysis, this course will help you use LabChart functionality to apply more complex processing to your signals. You will also learn how to maximise integration with other instrumentation.
- Automate Recording - Use external triggers, signal waveforms or time-based events to start LabChart
- Control Stimulators & Other Instruments - Use LabChart to control PowerLab’s analog output and digital inputs and outputs and trigger external instruments
- Perform Signal Calculations - Apply filters, smoothing and other calculations to incoming or recorded data and customize detection setting in cyclic measurements
- Automate Analysis - Use advanced Data Pad options including linking with Excel, use the Select and Find options to navigate data and write macros to combine analysis steps
- Edit Macros - Adjust or write new macros with the Macro Editor