The ADInstruments Rodent NIBP CODA® Monitor Sets are designed to non-invasively record volume pressure recordings (VPR) in rodents as a method to reliably and accurately measure blood pressure in animals ranging from mice as small as 8 grams, to rats over 950 grams.
This is done via a specially designed differential pressure transducer that measures the blood volume in the tail. This method is not pulse-dependent, requires only normal thermoregulation, and has been validated as providing a high correlation to direct blood pressure and telemetry measurement methods1.
Sets include an ADInstruments CODA® Monitor (OEM version of Kent Scientific’s CODA® Monitor), combined with the CODA® Monitor Device Enabler. The controller allows streaming of measured and calculated NIBP data directly into LabChart for streamlined recording and visualization. Monitors provide systolic, diastolic, and mean blood pressure as well as heart rate from an individual rodent. It also measures animal and pad temperature, tail blood volume and blood flow interactions, occlusion cuff pressure, and VPR signal check as supplementary signals for assessment of measurement quality.
Each System includes:
- LabChart 8 Analysis Software for Windows (sold separately)
Accessories (purchased separately):
- CODA® Mouse Cuff Kit (included in mouse set, but can also be purchased separately)
- CODA® Rat Cuff Kit (included in rat set, but can also be purchased separately)
- CODA® Extra Large Rat Cuff Kit (included in extra-large rat set, but can also be purchased separately)
- CODA® NIBP Mouse Holders
- Small (1.00” inside diameter; 3.50” Holder length) for < 25 g mice
- Medium (1.25” inside diameter; 4.25” holder length) for 25-50 g mice
- Large (1.50” inside diameter; 5.25” holder length) for 50-75 g mice
- CODA® NIBP Rat Holders
- Small (2.00” inside diameter; 6.50” holder length) for 75-200 g rats
- Medium (2.25” inside diameter; 7.00” holder length) for 200-300 g rats
- Large (3.00” inside diameter; 7.50” holder length) for 300-500 g rats
- Extra-large (3.50” inside diameter; 8.00” holder length) for > 500 g rats
- Rodent NIBP CODA® RightTemp Sensors (5pk)
1. Feng M, Whitesall S, Zhang Y, Beibel M, D'Alecy L, DiPetrillo K. Validation of volume-pressure recording tail-cuff blood pressure measurements. Am J Hypertens. 2008 Dec;21(12):1288-91.