Radnoti tissue grinders are constructed out of borosilicate glass and are designed for dependable performance, efficiency and durability. The Radnoti tissue grinder line covers applications from micro liter samples to large tissue samples, from delicate preparations to disruption of tough connective tissue. Some can be capped, hence reducing problems caused by tipping and spilling of homogenates into ice baths and also limit aerosol contamination of the environment by the samples. The latter property is appreciated when dealing with pathogenic samples or potentially hazardous protease inhibitors. They include:
- Radnoti Radnoti Preci-Grind Tissue Grinders (supplied as a pack of 3)
- An ultimate precision micro tissue grinder with a teardrop pestle (4.62 +/- 0.02 mm OD) that prevents sample losses due to accumulation on the pestle neck.
- Has a threaded neck tube that allows capping, which allows achieving tissue homogenization with minimal sample loss and/or aerosol contamination.
- Supplied with two polypropylene caps (drilled cap for when using with the pestle and undrilled cap for closure and storage).
- Tube dimensions (7.8 +/- 0.02 mm OD, 4.65 +/- 0.02 mm ID) provides a 30 μm wall clearance and the tube’s inner bottom is ground to match the pestle head.
- Ideal for small tissue samples, isolated blood vessel sections and in vitro radioligand binding.
- May be centrifuged, autoclaved or used for frozen storage.
- Radnoti Econo-Grind Tissue Grinders (supplied as a pack of 3)
- For applications that do not require the grinder to be capped or demand the optimal yield.
- Supplied with a precision ground ball pestle that provides rapid grinding action and fast tissue dispersion.
- Radnoti Centrifu Tissue Grinders (supplied as a pack of 3)
- Designed for larger volumes than the Preci-Grind and Econo-Grind grinders
- Has threaded necks and supplied with drilled and undrilled caps similar to the Preci-Grind grinders.
- Can be directly centrifuged, thus permitting homogenization and centrifugation in the same vial, reducing processing and transfer losses.
- Radnoti Straight Wall Grinders (supplied as a pack of 1)
- A precision-crafted grinder with large ground glass wall surfaces that is exceptionally well-suited for preparing some tougher connecting tissue and muscles.
- Initial rough grinding occurs at the bottom of the vessel, followed by fine grinding that occurs against the vessel walls.
- Its pestle can be mechanically, as well as manually driven for vigorous grinding.
- Has a capped version, in which two polypropylene screw caps are supplied, one accommodating the pestle and the other to seal the vessel, which allow for conditions requiring closures.
- Radnoti Dounce Tissue Grinders (supplied as a pack of 1)
- Especially well-suited for isolation of nuclei, mitochondria and other intracellular organelles.
- Has 15 mm O.D. tube with a precise clearance (30-40 μm) between the pestle, which allows cellular disruption without damaging the nucleus or other organelles.
- Has a threaded neck that accommodates a drilled polypropylene cap for the passage of the pestle and a closure for storage.
- Is autoclavable and all volumes noted are working volume, which is approximately 30% of total volume.
- Radnoti Micro Homogenizers (supplied as a pack of 2)
- Uses a conically shaped tube to promote efficient homogenization and pellet formation after centrifugation.
- The vessel and pestle are designed to provide efficient manual grinding for small sample volumes.
- Also function as micro reaction tubes and can be capped and sealed for freezer storage.
- Available in two designs, which are Conical (can run at 7,000g for one hour) and Standing (suitable for only very low speed centrifugation, but an ideal storage vessel).
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.