Best Practice Tips
NOTE: For more comprehensive details relevant to your chosen Millar Mikro-Tip® Catheter model please refer to the Instructions For Use guides provided below.
Intended Use - These products are designed for use by professionals with appropriate education and training in life science and medical research applications including catheterization procedures on animals, for which the device is intended.
- Store your catheter in a dark, cool, and dry place.
- Keep the catheter stored in the plastic tray provided.
- Your catheter will be shipped with a foam or plastic cover placed over the catheter tip for protection. These should be in place during handling and when not in use, the tip should be left in this protective cover within the tray.
Maximizing the Life of Millar Research Tools
Excerpt taken from February 2017 Webinar produced by Millar.
Handling and Care
Catheters (and/or pigtails), Pressure Sensors & Electrodes
Surgical Application techniques(recommended duration of each diagnostic procedure should be under 4 hours)
Connector and Cables
Disinfection or Sterilization
Download PDF of Best Practice Tips
Troubleshooting and Support
Excessive Pressure signal drift.
If problem persists, contact your support representative.
Pressure sensor will not balance (zero).
Moisture in the connectors, damage to wires in the catheter, or fractured strain gauge within pressure sensor.
Follow Operating Instructions or substitute a transducer known to be operating properly into the recording system. If problem persists, contact your support representative.
Noisy or erratic volume signal.
Damage to electrodes or electrode-wire bond (“open electrode”).
Follow Operating Instructions or substitute a transducer known to be operating in the recording system. If problem persists, contact your support representative.
Training and Support
ADInstruments global training and support systems mean that there is always help at hand to support you with your endeavors and help you learn ‘best practices’ to move your research forward faster.
- Check out our knowledge base to view a range of real life support case questions and answers.
- View support videos for cardiovascular research applications.
- Contact your local support representative directly, submit a support request or give us a call.
- Looking for surgical or best practice application training to support your research? Find out what training options in coming up soon in your region.
Find out more about our exclusive partnership with Millar
For access to more information and videos regarding catheter use and care, surgical procedures, and publications referencing Millar Mikro-Tip catheters, please register for a free account on Millar’s Knowledge Center.
- Pressure Catheter Owners Guide
- Pressure Volume Catheter Owners Guide
- Pressure Volume Mini Catheter Owners Guide
- Millar Mikro-Tip® Catheters ESD Guidelines
Help us, help you!
Take part in a quick catheter survey. Your response will help us learn more about use cases to continually improve the support information we provide you.
All Millar Mikro-Tip® Catheters offer a warranty to protect from defects in materials and workmanship and Millar will at no charge either repair or replace as appropriate. THIS DOES NOT COVER DAMAGE DUE TO ALTERATIONS, MISUSE, ABUSE, NEGLIGENCE OR ACCIDENT. Warranty dates are calculated from date of original shipment to original purchaser:
- Mikro-Tip® Ultra-Miniature Pressure-Volume Catheters: 6 months.
- Mikro-Tip® Ultra-Special Pressure-Volume Combination Catheter Transducers: 60 days or five uses (whichever occurs first).
- Mikro-Tip® Catheter Pressure Transducers: 365 day (1 year).
- SPR-524 is warranted for a period of 30 days.
- SPR-524 is non-repairable.