BP (Blood Pressure) Amp
Fully-Isolated Blood Pressure Amplifiers
A fully-isolated blood pressure amplifier approved for human connection and designed to interface with a C Series Front End Interface or traditional PowerLab data acqusition device. The unit is preset to measure pressure (mmHg) using the supplied Disposable BP Transducer (stopcock) for humans and animals.
Please Note: Although the transducer is supplied packaged, ADInstruments does not guarantee the integrity of packaging nor sterility of the transducer and therefore it MUST be gas sterilized prior to use with human subjects.
- Full electrical isolation from power-line (mains) circuitry to guarantee subject safety
- Measurement of blood pressure directly in mmHg: units conversion is done for you
- Pre-calibrated for the Disposable BP transducer
- Ability to override calibration when using other transducers
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
- Connection type: 6-pin Tronomed brand Spacelabs 0440-01- LX transducer cable with a 4-pin transducer connection cable
- Safety: Approved to IEC60601-1 BF (Body protected) standard
- Input impedance: >10 kΩ at 400 Hz AC
- Input isolation: Transformer isolation (AC bridge operation)
- Isolation rating: 4000 V ACrms for 1 minute
- Amplification ranges: 50 to 250 mmHg full scale in 3 steps (combined PowerLab and BP Amp)
0 to 100 mmHg
0 to 50 mmHg
- User offset: Arbitrary scale offset (for example, –50 with 100 mmHg range gives –50 to 50 range)
- Frequency response: –3 dB at 50 Hz using PowerLab E series –3 dB at 55 Hz using PowerLab S series
- Sensitivity: Correct for 5 μV/V/mmHg transducer standard (~350 Ω bridge)
- Accuracy: ±2 % (±0.2 mmHg) all points, after zero correction
- Input leakage current: <3 μArms at 240V, 50 Hz <2 μArms at 120V, 60 Hz
- Zeroing and offset: Automatic software-controlled fast zeroing, controlled by internal 12-bit DAC; resolution = ±0.2 mmHg (with supplied transducer)
- Transducer type: Pre-calibrated for use with MLT0670 Disposable
- BP Transducer: no further calibration needed for normal applications
- Excitation: ~5 Vrms AC at 400 Hz ±5%
- Alternative types: Transducers up to 1 kΩ with ~ 5 μV/V/mmHg sensitivity with a 4-pin transducer connection cable require calibration.
- Low-pass filtering: Fixed 55 Hz (–3 dB) two-pole Bessel filter (limited by PowerLab setting)
- Analog signal: ±2.0 V full scale
- I2C port: Provides control and power. Interface communications rate of ~50 Kbits/s.
- Dimensions (h × w × d): 55 mm × 120 mm × 260 mm (2.2" × 4.7" × 10.2")
- Weight: 1.2 kg
- Power requirements: 2.5 W maximum
- Operating temperature range: 5 to 35 °C, 0 to 90% humidity (non-condensing)
ADInstruments reserves the right to alter these specifications at any time.
|Operating System||Recommended Hardware||Alternate Hardware|
|LabChart Lightning||Windows / Mac||PowerLab C + Front End Interface||Traditional PowerLab|
|LabChart 8||Windows / Mac||PowerLab C + Front End Interface||Traditional PowerLab|