Laser Doppler needle probes are designed for use with the Blood FlowMeter. They connect directly and are available in variety of types to suit different applications including measuring microvascular:
- invasive blood flow from tissue surfaces
- non-invasive blood flow from tissue surfaces
- cerebral microvascular blood flow in middle artery cerebral occlusion (MCAO) and stroke applications
- blood flow within muscle, tumours, internal organs and brain tissues
- blood flow measurements in specialist applications such as gingiva and nasal mucosa
Depending on the probe type, the probe may be positioned using an external clamp (purchased externally). Miniature holders are also available, specifically to secure the Short Needle Probe type probe directly to an exposed animal skull using rapid-setting adhesive (purchased externally).
Probes shipped with the Blood FlowMeter are calibrated in the factory and do not require further calibration. For probes that are purchased separately, a Calibration Kit is required (purchase separately). Please note that the calibration solution in the Calibration Kit has a use by date.