Laser Doppler Blood FlowMeter
A single-channel laser Doppler blood flowmeter used with a specialized fiber optic probe (purchased separately) to measure blood cell perfusion in the microvasculature of tissues and organs.
A single-channel laser Doppler flowmeter used with a specialized fiber optic probe (purchased separately) to measure blood cell perfusion in the microvasculature of tissues and organs.
The Blood FlowMeter supports invasive and or non-invasive specialist disciplines with a range of probe types and probe formats.
The Doppler flow probe can also directly stream real-time recordings to LabChart acquisition and analysis software (purchased separately) via USB digital output and the Blood FlowMeter Device Enabler add-on software (supplied).
- Plug and play: LabChart compatibility means that the blood flowmeter is automatically identified and all relevant configuration and channel settings are preloaded. Requires no further calibration procedures or configuration, so you can have confidence your system is properly configured every time.
- Flexibility: Either use on its own direct with LabChart, or record other signals using a PowerLab for simultaneous measurements.
Alternatively, it has two outputs that provide analog data that can be recorded via a PowerLab data acquisition unit. Speak with your sales representative as to which connection option is best for your research.
Laser Doppler Blood FlowMeter Applications
- Blood flow monitoring in peripheral vascular disorders
- Cerebral perfusion monitoring in models of stroke and brain injury
- Tumor perfusion monitoring
- Blood flow (free flaps, pedicle flaps, wound healing, gastroenterology)
- 1 USB cable
- 2 BNC-BNC cables
- Blood FlowMeter Device Enabler
Accessories purchased separately:
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
Mode of Operation
Continuous Laser Doppler Flowmetry
Microvascular blood perfusion (Relative Red Blood Cell flux)
Relative units (0–5000 Blood Perfusion Units corresponding to 0-5 V output)
Relative units (0–100% corresponding to 0-5 V output)
Semiconductor laser diode (temperature stabilized)
Class 1 Laser (as per 21 CFR 1040-10 and 1040-11)
830 ± 10 nm
<0.5 mW from probe
Doppler Signal Bandwidth
Up to 0.35% moving scatters by volume
Flow Response Time
5% (measured with standard motility solution)
Factory or user calibrated using a motility standard (concentration of latex spheres undergoing Brownian Motion)
Dimensions (W x H x D)
240mm x 70mm x 260mm
External Power Supply
Universal 100 to 240 V, 1.3A, 50/60 Hz