Once the telemeter is in Active Mode it will transmit data. Unless it is paired on the same Transmission Frequency as a SmartPad and within the wireless power field, the telemeter will be powered by the back up battery.
Figure 1: Switching a telemeter between Safe Mode and Active Mode
- Move the telemeter at least 1m from any active SmartPads.
- Within the Rat Telemeter Tab of ConfigSoft (Figure 2), enter the Serial Number and current Transmission Frequency of the telemeter, if they are known
- If either the Serial Number or Transmission Frequency of the telemeter are unknown, click the Search for Telemeter function of ConfigSoft and select the desired telemeter from the pop-up list to populate the fields in the Rat Telemeter Tab. NB this will only find telemeters in Active Mode
- In the Put Telemeter into Safe Mode section of the Rat Telemeter Tab, click Go
- A window will appear asking you to confirm the action and you can proceed by clicking OK
- After a few seconds a window will appear confirming that the telemeter is now in Safe Mode
Figure 2: The Rat Telemeter Tab of ConfigSoft