1. The ports on the lid may be connected incorrectly (see attached PDF diagram). The four ports include:
(2) Out-going perfusate port to bubble trap
(3) Incoming gas port
(4) Out-going gas vent (which remains open to air)
*Check that these are connected correctly
- Turn off the peristaltic pump.
- Open the lid and remove the part with the tubing from the glass chamber.
- Reconnect the tubing to the correct port.
- Before placing tubing back into the chamber, make sure the tubing sits tight on the port by switching on the pump.
- If the tubing comes off again, cut away about a centimeter of the tubing and connect to the port again (you might need to uncoil the tubing a bit).
- Insert into the chamber.