There could be a few reasons for this:
- The Record/Monitor button may be set to Monitor. There will be a red 'X' through it if this is the case, and the Chart View Title Bar will read 'Monitoring data' after the document title. Also, incoming channels' backgrounds will be gray.
- Click the 'Toggle Data Record/Monitor' button to make the red 'X' disappear, and then data shown on the screen will be recorded normally.
- LabChart may be recording, but the Chart View is not set to scroll. This happens when the scroll bar has been clicked-and-dragged to earlier data in the file for review. The Chart View Title Bar will read 'Recording data' after the document title, and the 'Show latest data' button at the bottom right of the Chart View will be highlighted and slowly flashing.
- Click the 'Show latest data' button to have LabChart scroll along with the recording as usual.
- You may be sampling at a very slow rate with a highly compressed horizontal scale, so that it takes a long time for data to appear.
- Check sampling rates and Horizontal Compression buttons, and change as needed.
- The Trigger Feature may not be set properly, and LabChart may be waiting for a trigger event. In this case, the Chart View Title bar will read 'Recording: waiting for trigger' after the document title.
- Click on the Setup Menu, select the 'Sampling...' from the pop-up menu that appears, and set the Source in the Trigger section of the Sampling dialog to supply the trigger event correctly.
If you require further technical assistance with this or any other issue, please contact ADInstruments Technical Support.