Our step-by-step guide to connecting the Bridge Amp with the PowerLab and LabChart set-up.
- BNC cable.
- USB cable.
- I-Squared-C cable.
- Appropriate Transducer.
- Computer with LabChart Software installed.
- Connect the Bridge Amp and PowerLab Units using the I-Squared-C input on the Bridge Amp and the output on the PowerLab.
- Connect the BNC cable to the signal output on the Bridge Amp.
- Connect the other end of the BNC cable to one of the channels of the PowerLab.
- Connect one side of the USB cable to the PowerLab and the other to the computer with LabChart.
- Connect the power cable and switch on the PowerLab.
- Plug in the transducer that will be used to record the biopotential signal from your subject into the Bridge Amp.
- Launch your LabChart software.
- The Bridge Amp should be automatically detected by LabChart.
- The Status LED on the PowerLab should turn green.
- Set the number of required channels.
- You can find the Bridge Amp settings in the dropdown list of the channel it is connected to.
- In the Bridge Amp dialogue box, you can:
- Set up the range of the input signal
- Set up the required low or high pass filters
- Switch on the mains filter if mains noise is present
- Invert the signal if needed
- Once the transducer is ready to be zeroed, click 'Zero' in the Bridge Amp dialogue box.
- Once you have finished your setup in the dialogue box, click on OK.
- You can now calibrate your transducer. Please see this video if you need guidance on how to do this.
- Press start to begin recording.