Translational Science Panel: Research Insights and Best Practice for Clinical Relevance
- 2 Mar 22
In this webinar, Aaron Phillips, PhD, Fiona McBryde, PhD, and Kevin O’Gallagher, PhD, discuss planning for success when translating preclinical research and the importance of building relationships with their clinical colleagues.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Experimental Concepts & Design: Planning basic science protocols for translational and clinical relevance
- Translational Measurements & Techniques: Bridging the gap between pre-clinical and clinical parameters
- Clinical Engagement & "Reverse Translation": The importance of relationship building and connecting with the right clinical researchers
- Understanding the System: Grant funding, commercialization, and navigating ethical considerations
The American Physiological Society (APS), InsideScientific, and ADInstruments are proud to present this 1-hour Translational Science Panel. Join our international panelists as they provide insight into their preclinical research journey and an overview of their research and collaboration successes. This webinar includes presentations about the preclinical research of each panelist, discussions surrounding their approaches towards collaborating with clinicians, and a Q&A session from the audience.
Get a brief view into each of their projects:
- Bioimplantable spinal cord stimulators for blood pressure control in spinal cord injury patients
- Telemetry for long-term monitoring of animal models of hypertension, ischemic stroke, and diabetes
- Invasive and noninvasive interventions to increase nitric-oxide bioavailability in heart failure syndromes
Our panelists discuss their advice for researchers beginning their translational research journey or looking to progress their pre-clinical research models into the translational and clinical sectors. They discuss keeping up with the right tools and identifying the correct measurements for translational research. Finally, they discuss how to reach out to clinical colleagues, where to find the right audience for your research, and how to get funding.
Every second counts: Improving stroke patient outcomes through blood pressure modulation»
Getting started with small animal telemetry: Fiona’s top three tips»
Introduction to Optogenetics for Neuroscience Research»
About the Speakers: