How To Connect the C Series Instrument Interface to Your Lab Instrument and Computer
- 20 Jan 22
Our step by step guide to getting started with the PowerLab C Series Instrument Interface
Research Product Manager, Sebastian White, provides a setup demonstration of the C Series Instrument Interface. This is the simplest way to record data from a wide range of lab instruments into your computer's LabChart software.
- C-series Instrument Interface.
- USB - C cable. Older USB-A ports will work if you have an older PC and a suitable cable.
- Computer with LabChart Software installed
How to connect the Instrument Interface to your Lab Instrument and Laptop:
- Connect the back-end of the Instrument Interface to your PC using the USB-C cable.
- Once the device is powered, the power LED will turn blue.
- Connect one end of the BNC cable to the front of the Instrument Interface.
- The other end of the BNC cable will connect to your lab instrument.
- The hardware set-up is finished.
Connecting LabChart Software to the Instrument Interface:
- Launch your LabChart software.
- The device will be automatically detected in Windows or Mac.
- The Status LED should turn green.
- Find the input amplifier dialog in the channel dropdown of your LabChart software.
- You can find all the hardware settings available for signals of different sizes, including:
- different ranges
- hardware gains
- filtering options
Your C Series Instrument Interface is now connected to LabChart and lab instrument. You are all set and ready to go forward with recording signals for your research.
- Getting Started With PowerLab C - General Support Page
- PowerLab C - Instrument Interface
- Why We Built The PowerLab C And C Series Devices...
Thank you for reading, we hope you found this page useful!