Our step-by-step guide to connecting the GSR Amp to a PowerLab and LabChart set-up.
- I-Squared-C cable.
- BNC cable.
- USB cable.
- Computer with LabChart Software installed.
- GSR finger electrodes.
- Connect the GSR Amp and PowerLab units using the I-Squared-C input on the GSR Amp and the output on the PowerLab.
- Connect the BNC cable to the signal output on the GSR Amp.
- Connect the other end of the BNC cable to one of the channels of the PowerLab.
- Connect one side of the USB cable to the PowerLab and the other to the computer with LabChart.
- Connect the power cable and switch on the PowerLab.
- Plug the GSR finger electrodes into the GSR Amp; these will be used to record your participants' galvanic skin response signal.
- Launch your LabChart software.
- The GSR Amp should be automatically detected by LabChart
- The Status LED on the GSR Amp should turn green.
- Set the number of required channels.
- Select the dropdown list of the channel the GSR Amp is connected to, and select ‘settings.'
- In the GSR Amp dialogue box:
- Set up the range of the input signal (leave on 40 µS for zeroing)
- Click on ‘open-circuit zero.’
- Click on OK.
- Place the electrodes on your participant’s forefinger and ring finger.
- Allow a couple of minutes for the GSR Amp to calibrate.
- Re-open the GSR Amp settings from earlier and select ‘Subject Zero’ to zero the signal for this participant.
- Click on OK.
- Press start to begin recording.