Cardiac Output Pods
For use with T-type thermocouples in the determination of cardiac output using the thermodilution technique.
Cardiac Output Pods are used with high performance T-type thermocouples for the determination of cardiac output in small animals (mice, rats, guinea pigs or rabbits) using the thermodilution technique. Cardiac Output Pods have a 'delta' temperature mode to allow a signal offset to be applied and therefore allow small temperature variations to be monitored accurately. This unit is for use in the determination of cardiac output in animals ONLY.
The Cardiac Output Pod can be purchased with or without the T-Type Ultra Fast Thermocouple Probe. We recommend this probe as it has a fast response time of 0.005 seconds, which is ideal for the thermodilution method. However, any T-type thermocouple can be used with the Cardiac Output Pod.
- A thermocouple voltage signal amplified to 10 mV/°C @ 25 °C
- Ice Point Reference compensation
- In-built 30 Hz low-pass filter. Additional filtering (1, 2, 5, 10, 20 Hz) may be available depending on the model of PowerLab being used.
- A ‘delta’ temperature operating (ΔT) mode allows a signal offset to be applied which allows small temperature variations to be monitored accurately.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
Cardiac Output Pod (no thermocouple) Data Card
- Probe type required: T-type thermocouple
- Ranges: 20 °C or 50 °C
- ΔT ranges: ±1, ±2, ±5, ±10, ±20, ±50 Δ°C
- Offset range (ΔT): 25 - 50 °C (Abs)
- Output: 0 mV = 0 °C, 10 mV/°C
- Compensation: Ice point reference built in
- Temperature accuracy: < 0.2 °C @ 35 – 40 °C
- Temperature resolution: < 0.001°C @ ±20 Δ°C range or less
- DC drift: 2 μV/°C
- Low Pass filter: 30 Hz (also 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 Hz on suitable PowerLab)
- Response time (@ 30 Hz): 13 ms (10 – 90% rise time on square wave input)
- Amplifier noise: 1 μV p-p (0.1 Hz to 10 Hz)
- Input connector: Miniature T-type
- Dimensions (l x w x h): 108 x 58 x 35 mm
- Weight: ~200 g
All specifications are subject to change.