Mikro-Cath Pressure Catheter (5 pack)
The MIllar Mikro-CathTM pressure catheter is a single-use solid-state catheter for use in regulated clinical pressure research.
The MIllar Mikro-CathTM pressure catheter is a single-use disposable catheter for use in regulated clinical pressure research, specifically cardiovascular, intra-compartmental, and airway pressures. This solid-state catheter is unaffected by motion artefacts or body position, enabling data you can count on for your medical research and when making critical clinical decisions.
Provided as a pack of 5
Please note, the Mikro-CathTM Pressure Catheter is only available from ADInstruments in North America, Great Britain / Europe, and Australia regions for human use only. For more information about the Mikro-Cath® Pressure Catheter or to request a quote - please contact your nearest ADInstruments Representative.
- Catheter Interface Cable (Low Profile to Redel, 10 ft)
- Pressure Signal Conditioner1
- C Series Instrument Interface
- LabChart 8 or LabChart Lightning data acquistion and analysis software
- The recommended products above are intended for use in clinical research applications only. If you wish to connect a Mikro-CathTM to a standard patient monitoring system, please contact your nearest ADInstruments Representative for further advice.
- 1 This Pressure Signal Conditioner is currently pending certification for clinical research applications in Great Britain / Europe. Please contact your nearest ADInstruments Representative for further information.
Cardiovascular - Measure true hemodynamic data at the source for deeper insight into cardiovascular function. Mikro-CathTM data provides accurate dP/dt for advanced clinical applications, including exercise studies, drug therapy evaluation, and heart failure cases. Catheters can also be used for benchtop studies when evaluating efficacy of medical device performance.
Airways- Record precise measurements within the airway to advance discovery in respiratory physiology. Ideal for use in sleep studies such as obstructive sleep apnea as signals are unaffected by patient position or movement during respiratory cycles of breathing.
Intra-Compartmental- Record precise pressure measurements within compartments of the body, typically in the upper and lower extremities, to monitor for compartment syndrome. Continuous, real-time data supports studies into and diagnosis of acute compartmental syndrome (ACS) or evaluations of chronic exertional compartment syndrome (CECS)
Indications for Use Statement
The Mikro-CathTM Pressure Catheter is a single-use catheter intended to be used for medical research and diagnostic purposes. The catheter is indicated to measure cardiovascular, intra-compartmental, and airway pressures in the human body. The catheter is used as a minimally invasive device under short-term limited body contact (<24 hours).
The typical cardiovascular application will be through the femoral artery with the use of an additional guiding catheter.
The Mikro-CathTM Pressure Catheter may be introduced into the targeted muscle compartment through an introducer. The Mikro-CathTM may be introduced into the respiratory system through an existing orifice or through an incision.
Additional contraindications, precautions, and warnings are referenced in the Instructions for Use available under the Millar Knowledge Center acute catheter manuals.
- Shipped sterile, the Mikro-CathTM is a single-use disposable catheter, reducing risk associated with reusable catheters in patients.
- Real-time data directly from the source to assess hemodynamics, airway flow, or suspected compartment syndrome.
- A gold standard method for measuring pressure, the Mikro-CathTM is ideal for both high and low pressure environments within the human body.
- High fidelity technology provides ease of calibration to get access to data faster. No need to calibrate patient height or insertion angle and the patient position does not affect the pressure signal.
- Clean, accurate signal to eliminate the guesswork during analysis.
- Continuous data can be recorded for up to 24 hours.
- Includes a marker band for added visibility during all your cath lab procedures.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
|Tip F Size
|3.5 F (1.2 mm or 0.047")
|Body F Size
|2.3 F (0.8 mm or .031")
|Guide Catheter Compatibility
|5 µV/V/mmHg, nominal | 3.68 µV/V/cm H2O, nominal
|Accuracy (nonlinearity, hysteresis, sensitivity and repeatability combined)
|± 1 mmHg ±1% of reading from -50 to 50 mmHg ±3% of reading from 50 to 300 mmHg
± 1.4 cmH2O ± 1% of reading from -41 cm H2O to +68 cmH2O