The MPVS-Ultra Single Segment Pressure-Volume Unit from Millar, together with an appropriate mouse or rat PV catheter (purchased separtely) utilizes state-of-the-art technology to measure invasive ventricular pressure and volume of mice and rats respectively. It has analog BNC outputs, which allows the measured primary pressure, volume and internal ECG (option via PV catheter) signals to be recorded directly by a PowerLab and LabChart data acquisition system (purchased separately) via BNC-BNC cables. Additionally, it also has another pressure BNC output, which provides a secondary pressure signal when used with a dual pressure or another pressure catheter. The cuvette input and other BNC outputs (S2 - 7 and composite are disabled) are not used in single segment mode. The MPVS Ultra Single Segment PV Unit includes:
- MPVS Ultra Control software
- User manual and MPVS Ultra training CD
- US or European power cord, USB cable
The MPVS Ultra Single Segment PV Unit is also included in the MPVS Ultra Single Segment Foundation Systems. Accessories are required for the unit's full functionality and are available for purchase separately.
Accessories (purchased separately):
- Provides pressure volume measurents (via selected PV catheter) from rodents (mice and rats)
- Provides internal ECG measurement (via PV catheter)
- Analog outputs that easily integrate with PowerLab and LabChart software
- Straightfoward volume calibration technique using volume calibration cuvettes and LabChart software
- Adjustable gain settings to allow both in vivo and in vitro studies
- Compatible with all Single Segment Millar Mikro-Tip® PV Catheters
- Can be easily upgraded to be used with small and large animals
- Software-controlled graphical user interface
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.