The MPVS Ultra Pressure-Volume Unit from Millar, provides analog outputs for two pressure, a composite volume and a maximum of seven volume segments. The combined pressure and volume signals can be plotted in real time using LabChart to generate pressure-volume loops which are used to determine cardiac function.
The PowerLab 16/35 ships with ADInstruments LabChart software, which together provide data recording integrity, display and analysis features that include:
- Simultaneous recording and display up to 16 channels of data online
- Simultaneous recording and signal analysis
- Two independent stimulator outputs
- Wide range of low-pass filters
- AC or DC coupling
- A variety of measurements (with the appropriate Signal Conditioners and Transducers) including
- Left ventricular pressure (LVP)
- Left ventricular volume
- Heart rate
- Rate of pressure change (dP/dt)
- Rate of volume change (dV/dt)
- Systolic and end-diastolic pressure
The research system is also supplied with LabChart Pro software, which includes all the LabChart Modules, such as the ECG Analysis Module, Blood Pressure Module and Peak Analysis Module for Windows which are specifically configured to analyze and report pressure (ventricular or blood) parameters as well as examine any recordings of ECG.