The Transonic Flowmeters provide accurate and precise measurement of fluid volume flow in vivo, in vitro and ex vivo, which can be recorded with PowerLab data acquisition systems. Based on patented ultrasound transit-time technology, its modular design allows mixing and matching of any combination of Perivascular or Tubing Flowmeter Modules in a dual or triple channel console to suit the experimental design. Consoles can also be ordered with a channel blank for future addition of another Flowmeter Module.
The Perivascular Flowmeter Module is designed for used with a range of corresponding flowprobes, which provides acute or chronic blood flow measurement from a single vessel in a range of animal species (mice through to pigs and sheep). A range of corresponding flowsensors (in-line or clamp-on) are also available for use with the Tubing Flowmeter Module to measure fluid flow in a range of laboratory tubing.
Please note that Transonic Flowmeters are not supplied with either flowprobes or flowsensors, and must be ordered separately.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
Perivascular Flowmeter Module
- Accurate volume flow measurement of less than 1 ml/min.
- Ultrasound transit-time technology.
- Analog outputs for direct connection to PowerLab.
- 160 Hz bandwidth to accurately characterize flow dynamics at high mouse heart rates.
- Analog meter displays voltage proportional to flow.
- Easy-access front panel receptable for chronic probe calibration keys.
- Expanded ultrasonic frequency range. Implantable 0.5 mm and 0.7 mm mouse probes.
Tubing Flowmeter Module
- Programmable calibration for different liquids.
- Lowest signal-to-tubing ratio ever for tubing flow measurement.
- Programmable gain for user calibration with different fluid/temperatures.
- Programmable alarms: low/high flow; received signal threshold alarm.
- Easy-to-read numeric LED displays set-up/system status.