Radnoti isolated perfused heart systems are ideal for Working Heart and constant-flow or constant-pressure Langendorff (recirculating and non-recirculating) preparations in mice, guinea pig, rat, rabbit and cat hearts and larger, porcine hearts.
The reservoir, heart chamber, bubble traps and interconnecting tubes are water-jacketed to maintain constant temperature, with the water temperature and flow controlled by the thermo/bath circulating pump. The apparatus includes a 2 or 5 L reservoir with an oxygenating bubbler attached. A peristaltic pump drives the perfusate through a membrane oxygenator to the High-Tech Heart Chamber. A series of compliance chambers/bubble traps are included to ensure that air bubbles are removed from the perfusion system. The high-tech heart chamber has a threaded cap to ensure that the system temperature is maintained and includes access ports for stainless steel aortic and atrial cannulae, pacing electrodes and additional instrumentation. The chamber also includes a removable pulley to allow apical force measurements with an appropriate force transducer.
These apparatus can also be purchased as part of the Working Heart Systems. Optional apparatus which only has the glassware and no pumps is available; please contact your ADInstruments representative.
A working heart apparatus designed to mimick physiological perfusion and maintain the cardiac function of an isolated small animal heart. It is supplied with a medium heart chamber suitable for a mid to large rabbit or cat heart. Please specify the Mains Power (V) = 115 for 110-115 V or 220 for 220-240 V
A working heart apparatus designed to mimick physiological perfusion and maintaining the cardiac function of an isolated small animal heart. It is supplied with a small heart chamber suitable for a rat, guinea pig or small rabbit heart. Please specify the Mains Power (V) = 115 for 110-115 V or 220 for 220-240 V.
- One system for both Langendorff and Working Heart preparations
- Double lumen water-jacketing insulated tubing to maintain solution temperature
- Single-pass perfusion or recirculation modes
- Modular construction for easy replacement of parts or updating of modified components
- Threaded cap on High-Tech Heart Chamber minimizes temperature loss and supports cannulae
- Color-coded system for quick setup
- Incorporates Quick Disconnect fittings
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
When ordering the Working Heart Unit please specify:
- The mains power voltage, where V= 115 for 110-115 mains power and 220 for 220-240 mains power.
- Chamber size (X): S = rat, guinea pig; M = cat, rabbit.