The Gas Analyzer allows the continuous measurement of respiratory gas concentrations from rats through to humans. It houses an infrared carbon dioxide sensor and optical oxygen detector. The CO2/O2 respiratory gas analyzer samples expired gas from a mixing chamber with a damped, micro-vacuum sampling pump. A flow control knob on the front of the unit provides sampling rates of 35 to 200 ml/min, although maximum flow values may vary for different sizes and lengths of tubing.
Included with the Gas Analyzer:
For use with:
- Gas Mixing Chamber (recommended when using human subjects)
Human Exercise Physiology
Respiratory Gas Analysis
Human Sleep Studies
- Variable sampling flow rates from approximately 35 ml/min to 200 ml/min.
- An in-line filter attached to the sampling port of the Gas Analyzer to protect the transducers against moisture and damaging particulates.
- An infrared CO2 sensor and an optical O2 detector fed from a damped micro vacuum sampling pump.
- Automatic calibration of the CO2 and O2 channels when connected to PowerLab.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
- Sampling system: One CO2 and one O2 transducer fed from a damped, micro-vacuum pump.
- Gases: Must be non-corrosive and non-flammable. A moisture removal scheme must be employed before the sampling inlet.
- System sampling flow rate: Approximately 35–200 ml/min (user variable).
- Internal damping volume: 75 ml
- Gas connector: plastic luer
- Moisture filter: It is recommended that a 0.45 μm hydrophobic membrane filter be fitted before the sampling inlet.
- Materials in contact with gas: 316 stainless steel, sapphire, Nylon 66, silicone rubber, epoxy varnish
- Warm-up time: 10 minutes at 20 °C
- Type: Infrared, optical
- Range: 0–10% CO2
- Output: Linear, 0–1 V (0–10% CO2)
- Resolution: 0.1% CO2
- Linearity: ±0.1% CO2
- Drift: 0.1% CO2 over 8 hours
- Response time (10–90%): 90–130 ms @ 200–50 ml/min - transducer alone; 440 ms @ 200 ml/min sample flow with Nafion tubing and hydrophobic filter connected to sample inlet port
- Temp coefficient: Zero: <0.01% CO2/°C
- Span: <0.02% CO2/°C
- Type: Visible spectrum (760 nm) absorption
- Range: 5–100% O2
- Output: Linear, 0.05–1 V (5–100% O2)
- Linearity: ±0.2% O2
- Response time (10–90%): transducer 130–300 ms between 200–50 ml/min
- Cross-sensitivity: ±0.2%
- Resolution: 0.01% O2
- Drift: 0.1% O2 over 2 hours
- Power supply: 85–250 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Peak power requirements: 60 VA
- Temperature range: 5–35 °C
- Humidity: 0–90% (non-condensing)
- Analog output: BNC connectors
- Dimensions (h × w × d): 60 mm × 300 mm × 300 mm (2.36" × 11.8" × 11.8")
- Weight: 5 kg