The Neuro Amp EX is a low noise and high gain neural amplifier device which makes it suitable for all recording environments requiring a wide bandwidth (100 Hz to 5 kHz) and a high signal to noise ratio.
As a front-end device, the Neuro Amp gives researchers the ability to measure nerve activity using the microneurographic technique, when using a PowerLab.
The Neuro Amp EX is fully isolated and suitable for both human and animal use.
The Neuro Amp EX provides:
- Full electrical isolation from power-line (mains) circuitry to guarantee subject safety
- A low-noise, high-gain differential amplifier specifically designed for measuring nerve activity (nerve traffic)
- Software-controlled low-pass, high-pass, and mains filters to remove unwanted signal frequencies
- Audio output to listen to neurological signals
Supplied with the Neuro Amplifier EX:
- The Neuro Amp EX headstage
- Six male Amphenol connectors for customization of microelectrode adapters for use with the Neuro Amp EX Headstage
(Note: microelectrodes are not supplied).
About the Neuro Amp EX:
The Neuro Amp EX [FE285] is designed to allow the PowerLab system to perform isolated measurements of single-unit or multi-unit extracellular action potentials from single neurons or axons, from human or animal subjects. It consists of an electrically isolated differential input AC amplifier with an isolated ground connection. It is possible to ‘daisy-chain’ multiple Neuro Amp EXs to record from separate subjects, using separate grounds.
*Please note that the Neuro Amp EX is not suitable for intracellular recording with glass microelectrodes. Only a single Neuro Amp EX may be connected to a single PowerLab.