The Spirometer Pod is ideal for teaching, which provides entry level human respiratory flow measurements using an appropriate respiratory flow head and PowerLab data acquisition system. Respiratory waveforms and parameters can be easily derived using LabChart software together with its Spirometry Extension, which include
• tidal volume
• minute ventilation
• respiratory rate
• peak inspiratory flow (PIF)
• peak expiratory flow (PEF)
• forced vital capacity (FVC)
• forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1)
Suitable respiratory flow heads include
• Respiratory Flow Head 300L (humans at rest)
• Respiratory Flow Head 1000L (humans during exercise)
• Heated Pneumotach 800L and Heater Controller (ideal for humans during exercise)
Respiratory Flow Heads 1L and 10L for designed animals are also available if required.
The Spirometer Pod only functions with a PowerLab data acquisition system and therefore are not suitable for use with other data acquisition systems. A research grade Spirometer is also available when increased accuracy, resolution, precision, gain, filtering options and stability are required.