The Spirometer Pod is ideal for teaching, which provides entry level human respiratory flow measurements using an appropriate respiratory flow head and PowerLab data acquisition system.
The Spirometer Pod is ideal for teaching, which provides entry level human respiratory flow measurements using an appropriate respiratory flow head and PowerLab data acquisition system. Respiratory waveforms and parameters can be easily derived using LabChart software together with its Spirometry Extension, which include
• tidal volume
• minute ventilation
• respiratory rate
• peak inspiratory flow (PIF)
• peak expiratory flow (PEF)
• forced vital capacity (FVC)
• forced expiratory volume in 1 second (FEV1)
Suitable respiratory flow heads include
• Respiratory Flow Head 300L (humans at rest)
• Respiratory Flow Head 1000L (humans during exercise)
• Heated Pneumotach 800L and Heater Controller (ideal for humans during exercise)
Respiratory Flow Heads 1L and 10L for designed animals are also available if required.
The Spirometer Pod only functions with a PowerLab data acquisition system and therefore are not suitable for use with other data acquisition systems. A research grade Spirometer is also available when increased accuracy, resolution, precision, gain, filtering options and stability are required.
Human Exercise Physiology
Respiratory Gas Analysis
- Low noise and low air flow resolution
- In-built 30 Hz low-pass filter. Additional filtering (1, 2, 5, 10, 20 Hz) may be available depending on the model of PowerLab being used.
- When used with ADInstruments respiratory flow heads and the Spirometry LabChart Extension software, compensated volume and forced respiratory parameters can also be determined.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
- Pressure range: 0–4" H2O
- Response time: 0.5 ms
- Repeatability: ±0.2 % FS
- Sensitivity: 10 mV/"H2O
- Low Pass filter: 30 Hz (also 1, 2, 5, 10 and 20 Hz on suitable PowerLab)
- Maximum input pressure: 5 psi
- 1 Year stability: ±0.5 % FS
- Operating conditions: 0–35 ˚C, 0–90% humidity (non-condensing)
All specifications were tested at the time of printing and are subject to change.
|Operating System||Recommended Hardware||Alternate Hardware|
|LabChart Lightning||Windows / Mac||Traditional PowerLab||cross|
|LabChart 8||Windows / Mac||Traditional PowerLab||cross|