Spirometry Analysis Software
The Spirometry Extension for LabChart is a free extension that is used to derive respiratory parameters based on flow and volume, such as VE, VT, PIF, PEF, FVC and FEV1. Users can select flow units as either μL/s, mL/s or L/s within the Spirometry Extension.Download Software
Spirometry is a lung function test which measures the amount (volume) and speed (flow) of air that can be inhaled or exhaled from the lungs. Spirometry is an important tool for assessing conditions such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and cystic fibrosis.
The Spirometry Extension for LabChart is used to derive a number of respiratory parameters based on flow and volume, such as VE, VT, frequency, PIF, PEF, FVC, FEV1. Users can select flow units as either μL/s, mL/s or L/s within the Spirometry Extension.
The Spirometry Extension is ideal when used in combination with our Spirometer (or Spirometer Pod) and flow heads. These function together as a pneumotachometer, with an output signal proportional to the air flow rate during breathing. The Spirometry Extension analyzes processes the raw signal, and:
- Provides channel calculations to display particular respiratory parameters in LabChart channels.
- Calculates various other respiratory parameters, which are presented in the Spirometry Report.
- Displays a Flow–Volume Plot, and a Spirometry Data window, in which the locations of PIF, PEF, FVC and FEV1 are indicated for teaching purposes.
- Applies various corrections to improve accuracy.
- Applies a user selected noise floor clamp to remove small positive or negative offsets in flow channel.
Please note that the Spirometry Extension is not intended for clinical testing of lung function.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.