Right Ventricular Pressure-Volume Measurement Tools
- 8 Nov 19
LabChart’s latest version of the PV Loop Analysis Module includes new features designed to give you precise and accurate measurements of right and left ventricular contractility in small and large animal models.
The non-rectangular shape of a typical right ventricular PV loop can make it difficult to identify the end-systolic point compared to a left ventricular loop. In PV Loop 2.5, our algorithms are designed to give you better automatic detection of end systole for both left-ventricle and right-ventricle PV loops.
The PV Loop Analysis Software Module for LabChart is specifically designed for the analysis of in vivo ventricular pressure-volume data in small and large animals, or ex vivo, using working heart systems. Analyze ventricular pressure-volume baseline and occlusion data in realtime or post-acquisition.
What's new for right ventricular studies in PV Loop 2.5?
- Added a new single-beat detection method ‘Sinusoidal pressure fit’.
- Added single-beat ESPVR (end-systolic pressure-volume relationship) into the hemodynamics table.
- Added single-beat Piso (max pressure of an isovolumic beat) into the hemodynamics table.
- Added a new ‘Loop tangent fit’ method for calculating ESPVR and the End Systolic points from multiple beats during occlusions.
Note: the Sinusoidal pressure fit’ and ‘Loop tangent fit’ methods are especially useful for right ventricle measurements and other situations where the PV loop has a ‘triangular’ shape.
How to download PV Loop 2.5
You can download the PV Loop Module using LabChart's Feature Manager, or on our website: PV Loop 2.5 for Windows.
PV Loop 2.5 is only compatible with LabChart v8.1.13 or later.
Want to know more?
Find out more about the PV Loop Analysis Module and the new features by visiting the PV Loop help in LabChart or check out the links below:
- More about the PV Loop Module
- Ventricular Pressure-Volume as a research application
- PV Loop support articles