This is a useful webinar for preclinical researchers interested in getting started with Pressure-Volume acquisition and analysis, or those already using PV Loops who may benefit from tips on increasing throughout and experimental capacity.
During this session, Dr Daniel Donner and Dr Aascha Brown from the Baker Institute’s Preclinical Cardiology Microsurgery and Imaging Platform will provide best practice advice for Pressure-Volume catheterization in mice using the combined ADInstruments and Millar system. A complete walkthrough will be provided, from equipment lists, connection and setup; through to an introduction to the Labchart workflow for PV and how to optimize workflow from acquisition of PV Loops to how to analyze them too.
The Baker Insititute's Preclinical Cardiology Microsurgery and Imaging Platform specialize in myocardial ischemia-reperfusion models, novel cardiac arrest, and aortic constriction models for preclinical trials. This webinar includes a step-by-step surgical procedure using the carotid N-S approach (with short accompanying video) using a Millar SPR-839 1.4F with a mouse model.
- Recommended equipment list: For surgical procedures in mouse model
- Importance of using PV Loops: A gold standard approach in hemodynamic studies
- Introduction to PV assessments: Including compliance and inotropy / interpreting the loop
- Surgical procedure setup: Including preparation tips, equipment setup and connection, overview of the MPVS interface, channel setup, introduction to the PV loop and workflow setup in LabChart 8.
- Surgical Procedure Walkthrough: Including overview of procedural steps, carotid isolation and cannulation, supporting surgical video footage
- Post Surgery Calibrations: Walkthrough of cuvette, saline, baseline and alpha calibration with tips for efficiency to support throughput.
- Overview of occlusions analysis
- Further calibration advice: The importance of SV/CO calibration on conductance measurements with examples of data variance
MIllar Mikro-TipTM Mouse PV Catheters»
Millar MPVS Ultra Single Segments PV Unit»
Millar MPVS Ultra Cable Pack»
Why you should include pressure-volume loops in your research »
Introduction to PV loops: Understanding points on the PV loop and measures of cardiac function »
PV Tips and Tricks: Expert advice for measuring pressure-volume loops in mice »
Importance of PV Catheter Calibration in Admittance and Conductance Systems »
Three Part Mini Webinars: Industry Based Experts on Preclinical Cardiovascular Research »
Webinar: Understanding Ventricular Pressure-Volume Catheter Calibrations and Experimental Design »
Webinar: Cardiac PV Loop Data Analysis Tips and Tricks »
Surgical Instruction Video Series: Pressure Volume (PV) and Invasive Pressure »
About the speakers:
Dr Daniel Donner - PhD, CertLead, GCertResMgt, MMEdRes, BBiomedSc
Baker Heart & Diabetes Institute
Daniel is the head of the Preclinical Cardiology Microsurgery and Imaging Platform and microsurgical trainer for the AD Instrument Pressure-Volume system. International industry and academic partners engage his team’s expertise in preclinical cardiology models and phenotyping for preclinical trial strategy, design and delivery
Dr Aascha Brown - PhD, BBiotech (Hons)
Technical Officer in Microsurgery & Imaging
Baker Heart & Diabetes Institute
Aascha is a lead microsurgery and imaging specialist at the Platform. Dr Brown routinely analyzes large volumes of P-V data for its many partners and offers valuable insights into optimizing workflow.
LabChart - PV Loop 2.5 for left and right ventricle studies.
The PV Loop Analysis Software Module for LabChart is specifically designed for the analysis of in vivo ventricular pressure-volume data in small and large animals, or ex vivo, using working heart systems. Analyze ventricular pressure-volume baseline and occlusion data in realtime or post acquisition.
Contact us for more information.