- Being fully water-jacketed (improves temperature control and maintenance) using Radnoti Quick Disconnect fittings to permit easy removal from the rest of the circuit for cleaning
- Independently mounted chamber body and lid to the support rod, which allows for easy positioning and adjustments
- A threaded ring chamber lid that is securable to the chamber body
- Permits chamber sealing to reduced heat loss
- Allow purging of the chamber interior of gas mixtures
- Allow complete chamber filling with perfusate
- Chamber lid has four access ports on top for insertion of instrumentation, such as cannulas, balloon catheter, ECG or pacing electrodes, fiber-optic cables, etc.
- Two access ports has especially designed rotating cams, which provides easy inserting, positioning, mounting and securing of glass cannulas (via ‘collars’, which allow the cannula to be rapidly extended or retracted and then locked into place)
- Similarly, allows the attachment of a either an aortic or atrial Radnoti Stainless Steel Cannula (between 14-22 gauge) via a 130163-4 Aortic/Atrial Cannula Shaft, which its vertical and horizontal position are locked via thumb screws
- Has a removable pulley that inserts from the chamber bottom side into the chamber interior and secured with it drilled cap, which is used for apical force measurements
- Allows a wire to be securely sutured to the heart, and then passed around the pulley, through the hollow pulley support arm, and then securely tied to a force transducer
- Provides a perpendicular line to the force transducer
- Funnels the effluent into a tapered ground glass fitting, which directs the flow out of the chamber, while providing a port to collect a sample of the perfusate
- Can be retrofitted to fit into older Radnoti heart systems if required
Additionally, a Radnoti "Rams Head" Heart Chamber Lid Assembly Support Bracket can be attached to the chamber lid, especially for heart chambers larger than mice, which:
- Provide sturdy support for the Radnoti Water Jacketed Flex Tubing Assembly attachment
- Protects the glass cannulas
- Allows easier repositioning of the chamber lid.
The Radnoti Hi-Tech Heart Chamber is available in several sizes:
- Mice (mouse) - shown below
- Small (rat, guinea pig)
- Medium (cat, rabbit)
- Large (porcine)
Replacement glass and stainless steel cannulas may be ordered as an option.
The Hi-Tech Heart Chamber (Mouse) is designed for cannulating and holding an isolated mouse heart in either a Langendorff or Working Heart setup. It has a 38 mm chamber ID, 90 mm chamber height, 60 mm water jacket OD and 75 mm water jacket height. Requires a 159953-MEM Single Ring Clamp (Diameter 60-80 mm) to attach to a Radnoti Lab Stand, which is purchased separately.
The Hi-Tech Heart Chamber (Small) is designed for cannulating and holding an isolated rat or guinea pig heart in either a Langendorff or Working Heart setup. It has a 49 mm chamber ID, 100 mm chamber height, 70 mm water jacket OD and 110 mm water jacket height. Requires a 159953-MEM Single Ring Clamp (Diameter 60-80 mm) to attach to a Radnoti Lab Stand, which is purchased separately.
The Hi-Tech Heart Chamber (Medium) is designed for cannulating and holding an isolated rabbit or cat heart in either a Langendorff or Working Heart setup. It has a 67 mm chamber ID, 145 mm chamber height, 100 mm water jacket OD and 150 mm water jacket height. Requires a 159953-300 Single Ring Clamp (Diameter 75-110 mm) to attach to a Radnoti Lab Stand, which is purchased separately.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.