These Radnoti Langendorff apparatuses are designed to maintain cardiac function of isolated heart preparations in constant perfusion flow mode, and are available in recirculating and non-recirculating configurations. Perfusing in constant flow allows changes in heart resistances and activity to be monitored as pressure variations and makes it easier for studies that titrate drugs into the heart using a syringe pump. However, it is important to note that the heart will not be able to auto regulate coronary flow, so production of ischemia or increases in work may result in a more severe insult than with a constant perfusion pressure circuit.
Several sizes are also available to accommodate different heart sizes including mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit or cat. Features of each design includes providing:
- high quality crystal clear borosilicate glassware that is fully autoclavable, including
- Radnoti 2.0 L Water Jacketed Reservoir
- Compliance Bubble Trap (5 ml)
- Radnoti Hi-Tech Heart Chamber
- an appropriate aortic cannula assembly
- a sturdy lab stand assembly and all associated clamp hardware
- a complete water jacketed perfusion circuit and all necessary tubing pre-assembled
- a Radnoti Tubing Adapter Kit for connector replacements or minor tubing customizations
- Radnoti Thermal Bath/Circulator
- Peristaltic Pump Drive with compatible Easy Load Pump Head
The modular design of these apparatuses and quick-disconnect tubings (allow quick and easy tubing assembly/disassembly) provide easy customization, modifications and additions that tailor to current or future needs. Each apparatus can be instrumented with compatible measurement tools (purchased separately) including PowerLab data acqusition system options, LabChart analysis software, amplifiers, volume flowmeters, force and pressure transducers, biopotential electrodes and stimulators. Additionally, some of these apparatuses are also supplied as part of a Langendorff Constant Flow Foundation System. Other apparatus variations are also available such the Radnoti Langendorff Constant Perfusion Pressure Apparatuses. Please consult your ADInstruments representative for more information.