Radnoti Langendorff Constant Perfusion Pressure Apparatuses
Designed to maintain cardiac function of isolated heart preparations in gravity-fed constant perfusion pressure Langendorff mode, and are available in recirculating and non-recirculating configurations. Several sizes are also available to accommodate different heart sizes including mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit or cat.
These Radnoti Langendorff apparatuses are designed to maintain cardiac function of isolated heart preparations in gravity-fed constant perfusion pressure mode, and are available in recirculating and non-recirculating configurations. Perfusing in constant pressure allows changes in heart resistances and activity to be monitored as flow rate variations and is often used in ischemia-reperfusion (IR) studies.
Several sizes are also available to accommodate different heart sizes including mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit or cat. Features of each design includes providing:
- high quality crystal clear borosilicate glassware that is fully autoclavable, including
- Radnoti 2.0 L Water Jacketed Reservoir
- Compliance Bubble Trap (5 ml)
- Radnoti Hi-Tech Heart Chamber
- an appropriate aortic cannula assembly
- a sturdy lab stand assembly and all associated clamp hardware
- a complete water jacketed perfusion circuit and all necessary tubing pre-assembled
- a Radnoti Tubing Adapter Kit for connector replacements or minor tubing customizations
- Radnoti Thermal Bath/Circulator
- Peristaltic Pump Drive with compatible Easy Load Pump Head
The modular design of these apparatuses and quick-disconnect tubings (allow quick and easy tubing assembly/disassembly) provide easy customization, modifications and additions that tailor to current or future needs. Each apparatus can be instrumented with compatible measurement tools (purchased separately) including a PowerLab data acquistion system options, LabChart analysis software, amplifiers, volume flowmeters, force and pressure transducers, biopotential electrodes and stimulators. Additionally, some of these apparatuses are also supplied as part of a Langendorff Constant Pressure Foundation System. Other apparatus variations are also available such the Radnoti Langendorff Constant Perfusion Flow Apparatuses. Please consult your ADInstruments representative for more information.
A Langendorff apparatus designed to maintain an isolated rat heart in constant perfusion pressure mode and to provide effluent recirculation functionality. Please specify the Mains Power (V) = 115 for 110-115 V or 220 for 220-240 V.
A Langendorff apparatus designed to maintain an isolated mouse heart in constant perfusion pressure mode and to provide effluent recirculation functionality. Please specify the Mains Power (V) = 115 for 110-115 V or 220 for 220-240 V.
- Complete water-jacketed perfusion circuit that prevents heat loss and maintains uniform temperature.
- Crystal clear borosilicate glassware that is autoclavable.
- Modular design that:
- fully supports current and future modifications, customizations, additions.
- allows easy maintenance and cleaning.
- High quality Tygon perfusion tubing that prevents degassing of the perfusate during low-flow experiments.
- A water-jacketed reservoir maintains and gasses the perfusion solution or buffer.
- A water-jacketed bubble trap to remove air bubbles from the flow.
- A bench-top, general purpose, Thermal Bath/Circulator that allows temperature control in the range from ambient temperature to 120°C with a stability level of ± 0.05°C.
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
When ordering a Radnoti Langendorff Apparatus, please specify the following:
Mains Power (V) = 115 for 110-115 V or 220 for 220-240 V.
Size (X) = S for Rat and Guinea Pig or M for Cat and Rabbit.