These Radnoti Langendorff apparatuses are designed to maintain cardiac function of isolated heart preparations in gravity-fed constant perfusion pressure mode, and are available in recirculating and non-recirculating configurations. Perfusing in constant pressure allows changes in heart resistances and activity to be monitored as flow rate variations and is often used in ischemia-reperfusion (IR) studies.
Several sizes are also available to accommodate different heart sizes including mouse, rat, guinea pig, rabbit or cat. Features of each design includes providing:
- high quality crystal clear borosilicate glassware that is fully autoclavable, including
- Radnoti 2.0 L Water Jacketed Reservoir
- Compliance Bubble Trap (5 ml)
- Radnoti Hi-Tech Heart Chamber
- an appropriate aortic cannula assembly
- a sturdy lab stand assembly and all associated clamp hardware
- a complete water jacketed perfusion circuit and all necessary tubing pre-assembled
- a Radnoti Tubing Adapter Kit for connector replacements or minor tubing customizations
- Radnoti Thermal Bath/Circulator
- Peristaltic Pump Drive with compatible Easy Load Pump Head
The modular design of these apparatuses and quick-disconnect tubings (allow quick and easy tubing assembly/disassembly) provide easy customization, modifications and additions that tailor to current or future needs. Each apparatus can be instrumented with compatible measurement tools (purchased separately) including a PowerLab and LabChart data acquisition system, amplifiers, volume flowmeters, force and pressure transducers, biopotential electrodes and stimulators. Additionally, some of these apparatuses are also supplied as part of a Langendorff Constant Pressure Foundation System. Other apparatus variations are also available such the Radnoti Langendorff Constant Perfusion Flow Apparatuses. Please consult your ADInstruments representative for more information.