The SmartPad is a receiver and charger in a single unit and will power and receive signals from any Kaha rat telemeter. Each SmartPad comes with three 4m BNC-BNC cables.
- Optimized to fit standard rodent cages
- Provides wireless recharging using patented inductive power
- Cohousing feature allows housing of two telemetered rats in one cage (requires two SmartPads)
- Receives digital telemeter signals
- Outputs signals as analog voltage for connection to any data acquisition system
Simple and Customizable Telemetry System Setup
Configure a Kaha Sciences Rat telemetry system to meet your exact research needs. A typical telemetry setup required one telemeter of your choice and one SmartPad per animal. Each laboratory will just require one Configurator in order to configure all your Kaha equipment.
An additional advantage of a Kaha Sciences Rat Telemetry System is the cohousing feature:
- Allows two rats (>175g), each implanted with one telemeter, to be housed together in a single cage, or
- Two telemeters to be implanted in one animal (>350g), allowing the measurement of up to four physiological signals (e.g. Oxygen + dual pressure or oxygen + SNA with pressure)
With Cohousing, the system continues to regulate the power supplied to both telemeters seamlessly while collecting continuous data with the expected accuracy and quality. Cohousing still requires one SmartPad per telemeter, as well as a Configurator System for the laboratory.
Existing systems can be upgraded to use the Cohousing feature without the need to purchase additional hardware. Cohousing also requires ConfigSoft software version 3.0 or later.
Evoked Responses and Stimulation
Animal Tissue and Circulation
Sympathetic nerve activity (SNA)
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.
Details and Tech Specs
|Contains ambient pressure monitor, outputs standard analog voltage via BNC to a PowerLab data acquisition unit, recharges the telemeter battery, has a built-in fan for optimal temperature control.
|400(w) x 450(d) x 75(h) mm
|Cage platform dimensions
|295(w) x 425(d) mm
|100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
|Max Power draw
|Temperature Operating Range
|10 to 40 degrees Celsius
|BNC x 3
|Output Voltage Range
|0 to 4V
|Low Pass filtering on signal outputs
|Cut off frequency - 1000 Hz