PowerLab C Rodent Langendorff Foundation System
The PowerLab C Rodent Langendorff Foundation System is designed to perfuse an isolated mouse or rat heart, either in constant perfusion pressure or constant perfusion flow. Included is the high-quality, modular, yet compact ADInstruments Rodent Langendorff Apparatus, which provides flexibility for configuring various isolated heart experimental solutions. Additionally, the system is also supplied with LabChart Lightning software, flexible PowerLab C data acquisition, and hardware for measuring perfusion pressure and temperature. Further tailored parameters can be made by additionally purchasing from a range of compatible isolated heart kits, which includes measurements of left ventricular developed pressure, heart rate and biopotentials.
The PowerLab C Rodent Langendorff Foundation System is designed to perform retrograde perfusion of isolated rodent hearts (mice, rats, guinea pigs, and small rabbits). It combines ADInstruments Rodent Langendorff Apparatus with flexible PowerLab C data acquisition, LabChart Lightning software, and hardware, which allows temperature and perfusion pressure measurements. The STH Pump Controller uses the perfusion pressure to control the Peristaltic Pump’s speed, allowing the system to operate easily in constant perfusion pressure or perfusion flow.
PowerLab C manages the power delivery for four peripheral devices with sub-µS time synchronization for seamless data acquisition, while LabChart Lightning software allows data recording and analysis across multiple recordings with unlimited channels and custom calculations. (For use with LabChart 8, please contact your ADI representative.)
- ADInstruments Rodent Langendorff Apparatus
- PowerLab C
- LabChart Lightning
- STH Pump Controller with C Series Front End Interface
- Bridge Amp with C Series Front End Interface
- Radnoti Masterflex Peristaltic Pump (20-600 rpm, Single Head)
- Heated Water Recirculator
- Physiological Pressure Transducer
- Pod Expander with C Series Front End Interface
- T-type Pod
- T-type Implantable Thermocouple Probe (IT-18)
Other Langendorff apparatuses (constant perfusion pressure or flow) and systems are also available. Alternatively, other Langendorff apparatuses (constant perfusion pressure or flow) and systems are also available, including ones for larger animal hearts.
Compatible Isolated Heart Kits (purchased separately):
- Sub-µS time synchronization for seamless data acquisition from four peripheral devices using Powerlab C
- Powerful and flexible LabChart Lightning software
- Monitors, records, displays, and analyzes data in real-time
- Easy data analysis across multiple recordings, with unlimited channels and custom calculations
- Modular and compact apparatus design for flexible experiment requirements
- Quick perfusion from the reservoir to the heart
- Allows measuring sensors to be positioned close to the heart
- Allows recirculating of perfusate back to the reservoir to be regassed during any wait time, reducing the risk of any degassed perfusate
- Double walled glassware provides a clear perfusate pathway with no visual blockages while maintaining temperature
- Powerful 6-roller peristaltic pump that can support very high flow rates
- STH Pump Controller that allows a simple switch between constant perfusion flow and perfusion pressure modes
- Economical Heated Water Recirculator with an accuracy of +/- 0.02-0.05 degree Celsius at 37 degree Celsius
- Tested stable temperature maintenance throughout the perfusion circuit
- Freedom to tailor required measured parameters by purchasing corresponding isolated heart kits
Our Support Articles contain answers to common questions, how-tos, solutions, and documentation.
Training and Workshops
Maximize time and resources with our customized training services delivered at your facility, on your equipment, on your terms.